cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pollen62
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

Getting "Your Computer in not protected" 10 minutes after fixing problems.

I have had a McAfee subscription through MSN for several years, and this year the McAfee application has stopped working correctly.

I receive a notification that the computer is not protected, open the Security Center and fix the problem, then I receive the same notice 10 minutes later.

McAfee appears to be disabling itself, and I am guessing that it is because the application detects that the subscription has ended.

I have tried uninstalling McAfee and using the McAfee removal tool, MCPR.exe, then reinstalling from the MSN Membercenter link, but this is still not fixing the problem.

The only other security tool I have installed is Webroot Spysweeper, and I uninstalled it prior to uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee.

I am using McAfee on Windows XP Home SP3 and on Windows Vista Ultimate SP2.

I am sure that the methods McAfee is using to enforce subscription dates will prevent me from using any other versions of McAfee on these computers in the future unless McAfee provides a way of clearing out the old subscription enforcement.

Does this problem mean that I will need to contact MSN support and request that they get a refund from McAfee so they can switch vendors, or does McAfee have a fix available that doesn't require a complete reinstall of the operating system by a certified professional?

Labels (1)
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community