cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louseee
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Genuine Mcafee support agent?

Hi, My teenage son had problems installing internet security so I requested support via  online chat an agent called me within seconds - and immediately asked me to visit ultraviewer.com to download remote access software so he could check my laptop and ‘connect me to the mcafee server’ I asked what he wanted to check as I could do it and but he wouldn’t tell me, only pressed me to install - is this normal ? I declined and ended up sorting it as the number he only need entered incorrectly..... but I was shocked that this was being requested when no account details or verification had been completed.... 

Does anyone know if this is usual practise? 

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Genuine Mcafee support agent?

Hello @Louseee 

You have contacted 3rd party support. Please don't share any of your information with 3rd party support and also don't allow them access your computer.

To contact McAfee Support, please visit the below link,

McAfee Support

Let me know the country you are from so that I can provide you the support number as well.
Also let me know the exact problem you are facing when installing McAfee on your computer.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community