cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonriverandh
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

For verification of internet security

Hello, I reckon there would be relevant questions I put here, previously and definitely but I didn't find it.

I used for 3 months free McAfee internet security with my VAIO, and I bought license 2 weeks ago for 1 year extension. And I tried to verify it following the instruction https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Payment/VerifySubscriptionHelp.aspx?culture=ES-ES&affid=649 but when I clicked the verify subscription button, then there was no accept button. Instead there were two buttons, buy and recommend later.

How can I verify new subcription. Do I have to send my receipt to someone of mcafee?

Let me know the solution and jus in the case, I want to know the contact email of McAfee for treating this stuff.

Sorry for bothering you of this non interesting issue.

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: For verification of internet security

When switching to a different subscription it is best to uninstall completely via Control Panel.  Then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links above and reboot immediately.

Then install the new one from your new online account or the CD if that's how you bought it, as this is now a completely different subscription.

You could also try the subscription repair tool: HERE.

Our records show that you are in  Tunisia so your best way of contacting support would be here, for Technical Support and if it's to do with the account/subscription Customer Service.

If you prefer French speaking then alter your country to France at the top right of those pages (or any other you prefer).

There is free telephone support but your best choice most likely would be online chat.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 02/11/11 5:01:35 EDT AM
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: For verification of internet security

Ok this really 1 for customer service They are linked to in useful links tab above. Best to ask there.

What does the subscription area say in the Security centre opening page? Active or what

Or do what Peter says he posted while I was thinking

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 2/11/11 7:10:52 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community