Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcnallyhealer
Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Font is unreadable in McAfee Security Center 10

Hi all 😃

The font is unreadable in Security Center 10.  Let me walk you through what happend: McAfee automatically upgraded one night to v.10 (running IE8).  Then the user interface was pretty much blank.  ALmost none of the text would show up.  I worked with support and they had me run iefixdll and reboot, didn't work.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Didn't help.  So to fix it I upgraded to IE9 beta which now allows me to see the text, however, it is really small and unreadable.  I think it is Helvetica, but I am not sure.  Please look at the attached files and let me know how I can fix this.  Thank you 😃

Light and Love and Healing to you all,

-Patrick Arden McNally

Runing Windows Vista 32-bit, upgraded to IE9 after no text would show up using IE8. 4 GB Ram, 1.8 Core 2 Duo Intel Processor

23 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 24

Re: Font is unreadable in McAfee Security Center 10

Hi Patric,

This could happen if you have the accessibility options select within your browser,

Please Open Internet Explorer and click Tools
From the menu select Internet Options
From the General menu – select Accessibility
Make sure that all the three options here are unchecked (No tick marks)

Click on apply and ok and close Internet explorer- Reopen security center and let us know the status.

Fonts.JPG

Please find the attached image for reference.

Regards,

pmcnallyhealer
Contributor
Message 3 of 24

already checjed that, thank you.  Any other ideas?    

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 24

Hi Patric,

Please confirm that "Fonts" selected as "Times New Roman" in the Internet options. Screenshot added. Reply back if issue not resolved. 

123.png

pmcnallyhealer
Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Yes, font's are Webpage: Times New Roman and Plain Text - Courier New

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 6 of 24

if so Isuggest you cotact Technical Support Online Chat via Useful Links at the top ofthis page.

bmair
Contributor
Message 7 of 24

I have a very similar problem but have no text / fonts at all.

WIN 7 Ultimate 32 bit with IE 9 (release version)

Everything was okay with IE8.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 24

That sounds like the beta ie9 issue where Mcafee was not compatible. It is now said to be compatible and I know of several using the downloaded today and yesterday from MS versions are they the same as your release version?

bmair
Contributor
Message 9 of 24

I down loaded yesterday post the MS newsletter as I had stayed away from the beta.

I have also been experiencing an issue with a McNeel newsgroups, both for Rhino and Grashopper, where a frame containing all replies is covering the original message post.

I have spent most of today trying everything I could think of, resetting defaults, clearing caches, etc, and searching for threads like this one with similar issues.

This thread was the only one found so far.

On McAfee Total ProtectionV 10.5.227 The only visible attributes are the McAfee TP logo, the green horiz bar, the green ticks, and the "V" to indicate the expand panes which appear to expand a half line down but bo indication of text.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 24

Ok maybe thsi

One known issue occurs with SiteAdvisor which can experience some display issues when IE9 is installed.  The solution is to install SA 3.3.1 from the links in this new FAQ: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101144

Though they talk about the browser having the display issue not Security centre.

Possible thought is to uninstall Mcafee via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Then reinstall Mcafee.

Maybe something in your install is corrupt

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/03/11 7:34:23 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community