cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leah
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Firewall trouble

If I reboot my computer my Mcafee firewall will stay on for about 30 min and then shut itself off for no reason. If I try to turn it back on it will immediately shut off again. I have only had Mcafee installed on this computer and it has been working fine since I bought it last year until the last few weeks. As far as I know it does not have any viruses (ran a scan on it today and came back with nothing) and as far as I know all of the updates are up to date. Please help thanks. 

1 Reply
knsingh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Firewall trouble

Hi

Try to run the tool MVT (McAfee Virtua Technician) .

Link :  mvt.mcafee.com

Check for third party antiovirus softwares installed in computer , If yes Unistall them.

Try to reinstall McAfee , Find the article on how to unistall and reinstall in the below article

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=CS41013

Regards,

Kriz

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community