cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 91 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

At this time I think they have enough logs. I cannot see why some have heaps of errors and I have 2 screen saver errors . Strange.

Will keep all updated if I hear anything

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 92 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried turning off Real Time Scanning, rebooting, and checking the Event logs for the WFP errors disappearing?

Thanks,

mcafee_xp_user
Contributor
Message 93 of 263

Jump to solution

Hi Doug

I am in-between recieving updates now, so my WFP messages and event log is quiet.

I just did disable real-time scanning and did a reboot.  As expected, nothing in event log.  I will re-post after I have completed an update and let you know what happened.

mcafee_xp_user
Contributor
Message 94 of 263

Jump to solution

An interesting observation about my setup - I do not think I saw any comments about this in the discussion, but my problem definitely started after taking an update on 8/8/2011.  My McAfee ABOUT information contains this:

Boot DAT Version: 6432.000

Boot DAT Creation Date: 8/8/2011

Is this fishy or interesting to debug or problem-solve the issue?

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 95 of 263

Jump to solution

I was able to reproduce it once, but now my XP machine no longer gets the messages. Seems like there is a 3rd variable to the equation.

When I reproduced it, Windows was applying 103 updates and had a bunch of stuff in pendingfilerenames.

Once Windows finished updates all reboots afterwards come back with no Event ID 64008.

Since I have it on VMWare I will try to go back to an old snapshot and hopefully relive it.

Thanks,

Greens
Former Member
Message 96 of 263

Jump to solution

Doug.....When you get to the bottom of this and can hopefully put a stop to the 64008 errors on shutdown.....I'm wondering if you will also be able to come up with a fix for those of us who are also missing system files?  Many of us don't have the CD needed to replace them and SFC is requesting it.  I am running Windows MCE 2002 SP3 but my system came preinstalled with MCE 2002 SP2.  I have an OEM version of the MCE 2002 SP2 which I got with my computer when I bought it.  From what I understand, my OEM CD (on 1 disk, not 2 like some MCE 's have) cannot be streamlined to be brought up to date with the SP3 that I got via a big download on the internet.  I have experienced the 64008 errors on shut down and am missing system files.  My problems began after August 8.  I am missing many of the same files that have been mentioned by two other posters.  One is for Windows Media Player and the others relate to MCE.  The 64008 errors point to a luna.dll and a kbdus.dll, mentioned by other posters.  Other 64008 errors pop up from time to time on shut down but those are the main two.  I don't know if this will be of any help to you in solving this or not but I thought I'd toss it in.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 97 of 263

Jump to solution

I have seen Aug 8th mentionned in more than one post. I want to point out that I have been experencing this issue since June 16th (2 months ago) when I posted a separate item here re. loss of network connectivity (caused by WFP replacing a file) after Security Centre updated to Version 11. I have had numerous 64008 warnings then & since, always related to the 2 files you mention (luna.dll & kbdus.dll); the 64001 message telling me that my Network Driver has been replaced, needless to say, causes the most grief.

There appears to be some type of pattern here (re. the above 2 aforementinned files). I've seen much feedback here re. investigation but haven't run across anything yet that explains (unless I missed it in the many, many pages of this post). I am anxious to understand (read be reassured), as my subscription is about to expire.

Why or how is McAfee causing this to happen ? Any answer that makes sense would be appreciated. GB.

krisser65
Former Member
Message 98 of 263

Jump to solution

Just confirming that I have problems with those same two files: I get the 64008 error message for luna.msstyles and kbdda.dll (Danish keybord file; equivalent to kbdus.dll).

The 64001 message tells me that my nvidia driver has been replaced.

I get event ID 516 from source mfehidk :

Process **\MCUPDMGR.EXE pid (1256) contains a certified but untrustworthy content. The execution of a preferred Operation with a McAfee-Driver, however, was permitted.

All these date from July 19th/20th around midnight, when I returned from vacation and McAfee updated itself, requiring a reboot.

Best regards,

Kristine

krisser65
Former Member
Message 99 of 263

Jump to solution

An additional question to McAfee personnel:

I have refrained from updating McAfee on my son's computer (also XP SP3) as we need at least one properly functioning machine in the house.

However, a month of not updating anything is beginning to feel uncomfortable.

Do we have to wait for the XP SP3 issue to be solved completely, including a patch to fix the many affected computers, or is there already a new 'safe' issue of Security Center to which we can upgrade our 'good' machine?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kristine

mcafee_xp_user
Contributor
Message 100 of 263

Jump to solution

Hey Doug

After your note last nite, I did disable real-time scanning, and did a re-boot.  Later on in the evening, there was a McAfee update waiting.  I clicked to install the update, waited about 5 minutes, then shut down the computer.

THis morning, I started it up, and checked event log.  There were no 64008 at shut down last night (or after startup this AM), and (obviously) this morning there are no WFP popup dialogs showing either.

To be clear, (for me) the WFP problems all occur on the single cycle of shut down then restart AFTER receiving the updates.

1) computer (event log) happy

2) click to install McAfee update (I have update set to "download & notify, but do not install")

3) Dont see WFP messages until 64008 in event log during shutdown

4) Next start-up I will see WFP popups, and matching entries in event log

5) All subsequent shut-down and re-start the computer seems happy, no WFP activity in event log.

regards,

Larry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community