cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enmerkar
Former Member
Message 71 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

Sorry I disagree they always get a fix sometimes they are slow but it will come.

Yeah, us paying customers are more than happy to sit here and wait six months with no security software while our subscriptions run out, in the hope that a 'fix' will come from McAfee.

Peacekeeper wrote:

BTW that comment above could have legal ramifications please remove it. Bugs in the program are not intended just bugs.

There isn't any button to edit or delete posts? If someone else is able to edit it, just remove the last line.

blarty-fargo
Former Member
Message 72 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

The whole situation is deeply depressing.

I wonder if a greater sense of urgency would be applied if this issue affected Windows 7 users - rather than us XP SP3 scumbags?

Peacekeeper
Message 73 of 263

Jump to solution

Hasn't been six months but even this delay we have is annoying and I am not having any issue with my WFP errors they seem to only affect screensaver files.

Having another discussion re outstanding issues tomorrow with the techs

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 74 of 263

Jump to solution

blarty-fargo wrote:

I wonder if a greater sense of urgency would be applied if this issue affected Windows 7 users - rather than us XP SP3 scumbags?

Yeah, I get the impression that McAfee regards its Windows XP customers as dispensable.

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 75 of 263

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

Hasn't been six months but even this delay we have is annoying and I am not having any issue with my WFP errors they seem to only affect screensaver files.

It's been nearly two and a half months since this problem was reported. What has McAfee's response been?

enmerkar
Former Member
Message 76 of 263

Jump to solution

How long would you be happy to wait for without any security software while your paid subscription goes to waste?

blarty-fargo
Former Member
Message 77 of 263

Jump to solution

If I was cynical, I would wonder if McAfee ignores folks hoping that they will get fed up and move on to another Internet Security provider.

That's what I have done and perhaps you are almost there too.

But while I have some subscription left, I intend to post in this thread.

Peacekeeper
Message 78 of 263

Jump to solution

Are you having posting problems most of these posts should be added to original post. So you are not seeing the edit option?

If so and you are logged in April (Community Manager) better look into this.

This is the problem ony 10000 views and I wonder how many contacted chat. The more chat contacts the better it moves the the ladder faster.

That said I gathered MER logs from at least 4 users myself included and sent those off 3 weeks or so ago. They are being analysed. Still plenty of XP users. My daughter has 2 XP PCs and they are running fine the issue seems not to affect every1 the same. My replaced files are screensavers so no issue that shows up for me.

No they do not want people to leave far from it though the slow response is unfortunate.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 16/08/11 6:38:50 AM
enmerkar
Former Member
Message 79 of 263

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper wrote:

Are you having posting problems most of these posts should be added to original post.

What do you mean?

Peacekeeper wrote:

So you are not seeing the edit option?

Only for a short time after posting.

Peacekeeper wrote:

If so and you are logged in April (Community Manager) better look into this.

Well, I'd rather she looked into the thread topic to be frank.

So many replies... so little progress.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 80 of 263

Jump to solution

blarty-fargo wrote:

The whole situation is deeply depressing.

They don't feel that, many of us Mods still use XP, some live, some in VM's.

XP SP3 is supported by Microsoft until April 8, 2014 therefore McAfee will also support it until at least then.  (See HERE).

The trouble is that none of us experienced these problems in those OS's during the beta testing and apparently neither did the developers.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/08/11 7:01:10 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community