cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellie
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Expiry message after installing Total Protection about three weeks ago?

Jump to solution

Can anyone help me?  I bought Total Protection 2013 about three weeks ago (two discs as we've got 6 laptops to cover).  I'm now getting the message that protection runs out today on one of them and 28th on another.  Anyone know why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Re: Expiry message after installing Total Protection about three weeks ago?

Jump to solution

OK then it's a case of the old software remnants showing up somewhere in the validation process and should be easily cured.

Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove in XP)

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.   If by any chance it says it wasn't successful, run it again and then reboot once more.

Reinstall from your online account (which should exist if you already activated the product).

(The online account download always ensures you get the latest version).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/03/13 7:50:51 EDT AM

View solution in original post

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Total Protection suite (Consumer) or Total Protection Service (SaaS) ?

hellie
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Sorry, I'm a noviice to this - it was the Total Protection 2013 bought from Amazon

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

No problem Hellie, I simply moved the thread to a more approriate spot.  

This often happens if remnants of an old version of the software is still present, was there McAfee previously installed?

Also I need to know, although you bought these on Amazon there is no guarantee that they are recently made.  What does it actually say on the CD?

Also after installing them did you activate them online?  Is there an option to do that when you right-click the taskbar icon near the clock?

If the worst comes to the worst I believe Amazon UK has a refund policy don't they?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/03/13 7:21:42 EDT AM
hellie
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

Yes, had McAfee on previously via Plusnet

Have checked on my account and it says that both CD's that I bought expire on 09/03/2014

On the disc it says Total Protection 2013, copyright 2012 - not sure if that's what you wanted to know?

As far as I can remember I did activate it, however have just right clicked by the clock and got a message that verification is complete.  Hopefully this will now solve the problem! 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

OK then it's a case of the old software remnants showing up somewhere in the validation process and should be easily cured.

Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program (Add or Remove in XP)

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot.   If by any chance it says it wasn't successful, run it again and then reboot once more.

Reinstall from your online account (which should exist if you already activated the product).

(The online account download always ensures you get the latest version).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/03/13 7:50:51 EDT AM
hellie
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Have uninstalled  and re-installed - fingers crossed it's OK now - what a palarva!!

Many thanks for your help, think I'd have torn my heair out without your advice!

Any problems, will get back to you

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

My hair went missing in action years ago...LOL

That's good, all the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community