cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pili11
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Exclusion for false-positives?

McAfee quarantines viruses and false-positives alike. I can 'restore' the false-positives, but they don't stay restored. When I go back to attempting to use the 'restored' file, I get a virus warning again and the file goes back into quarantine. So 'restoring' the file doesn't actually restore it. Is there any way that a file in quarantine can be excluded so that clicking on 'Restore' will actually do that?

If my version of Security Center (possibly 7.0) doesn't enable a user to exclude false-positives; has this problem been corrected?
2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

RE: Exclusion for false-positives?

Not in the home products but it's a feature that we have been asking for for ages, unsuccessfully. It is only possible to exclude something that is detected as a "PUP" or possibly unwanted programme.

For detections that you feel should be OK there are procedures as outlined in this sticky:

http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=233662

By now you should have Security Center 9 in any case. 7 is obsolete.

Please include the following information:

What is your operating system, service pack and are you up to date with Microsoft update? There are two ways of checking this. Go to Start/Run and type in winver then click the Enter key. Or, right-click My Computer in the Start Menu or on your desktop (or Computer in Vista) and select Properties.
Post what it says.

What McAfee products do you have? If your taskbar icon is like this: - double-click to open SecurityCenter and then click "View Details" or "About" at the lower right of the new window. Post the details from each module.
pili11
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

system info

Windows Vista Basic SP2 - all Windows' updates -

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community