cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 51 of 62

Re: Event ID: Mfehidk & McShield. MVT not working.

Oh, fine, just shoot down my ideas why don't you?

I'll bring this issue up on our call today and let you know if I have anything else to try (or anything from the logs).

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 52 of 62

I sent another status request, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm sorry for the delay, but I haven't forgotten you! I'll keep working to get us something to move forward.

dylanapollo
Former Member
Message 53 of 62

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm having the same issue on a customers system?

adrianrp
Former Member
Message 54 of 62

I am interested to hear if this has been fixed. I have the same "signed but untrusted" warning in the Event Log (WinXP).

adrianrp
Former Member
Message 55 of 62

Just for the record I solved this by:

1. Uninstalling all McAfee products (inc MVT) via Control Panel

2. Running McAfee's uninstaller

3. Rebooting

4. Running CCleaner (which found a few registry entries left by McAfee Uninstaller)

5. Reinstalling the product

MN_Biker
Contributor
Message 56 of 62

I was wondering if this is still is working for you?

I have totally removed McAfee and switched to another product.

If it is still working I may try to reinstall and switch back to McAfee.

Thanks for the reply

MN_Biker

adrianrp
Former Member
Message 57 of 62

I run McAfee (well the BT Broadband free version of it) on two XP SP3 PCs.

One of them now works fine with no "mfehidk" Event Log messages, the other gets the error at a frequency of around two messages a week that occur one after the other. This did not reoccur until sometime afterwards, almost as if an update to the software triggered it to restart.

I trust that both are working OK, even though one has the mfehidk Event Log error.

My perception is that McAfee do not care about this, and therefore their customers.

If I had to pay for the software I would definitely change to another provider. You need to decide whether to move back to them and give them money when they do not seem to keep their end of the deal by offering support.

Message was edited by: adrianrp - typos on 03/10/10 15:26:03 CDT
Dazman
Former Member
Message 58 of 62

Re: Event ID: Mfehidk & McShield. MVT not working. - Potential Solution

I appear to have found a fix for this issue on my Windows 7 X64 Ultimate install with the 2010 BT Netprotect verion of Mcafee Antivirus.  I found a reference to a McAfee utility in the Knowledge base for an issue with PCPeople. I figured the issue must be caused by an install issue so I looked for a way to install the driver again.   The solution was to run mfehidin.exe to install MFEHIDK.sys from the command line with the command "mfehidin.exe -i mfehidk.sys".  mfehidin.exe resides in my c:\program files\common files\mcafee\vscore directory along with the MFEHIDK. inf, cat and sys files so you have to change directory on the command line to "cd c:\program files\common files\mcafee\vscore and then run the mfehidin.exe -i mfehidk.sys command.  For other operating systems it may be in another place so you will have to search your McAfee program file directories to be sure.  Then type "mfehidin.exe -i mfehidk.sys" (no quotes) into the command line and press enter.  An alternative method that might work would be to right click on mfehidk.inf and select install from the popup window. This should install the driver again using the security catalog information contained in mfehidk.cat which is where I think McAfee got the install process wrong as it does not appear to register the security catalog details when installing the driver.  After I did this I got a windows automatic certificate update for a Digicert SSL Certificate but I do not know if this was related.  I have not got this error since doing this.  Of course you mileage may vary!  Good luck and let me know if it works for you.  Daz.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 59 of 62

This is a question relating to warning messages in my Event Log about mfehidk, but the events and messages are not the same as the ones discussed in this thread.

If necessary I can start a new thread.

The relevant parts of the messages are as follows :

Source - mfehidk,  Category (256),  Event 519,  Description -

"Process <<processname>> could not be successfully validated with the mfevtp service and was blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver."

- where processname is, variously, "**\mcinsupd.exe", "**\MCSHIELD.EXE", or "**\aploader.exe".

I can't see that it's affecting the operation of any part of Security Centre, but I have no idea what is going on that would trigger those messages. The 'mcshield' messages are more numerous than the others, and seem to come in runs of 6 or 8 in about a 20-minute period. Is this something that I can safely ignore?

crash2000
Former Member
Message 60 of 62

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know that his issue may have something to do with a Toshiba Bluetooth Monitor Driver.

My error went away if I uninstallled the BT Monitor.

Now I have helped you with this, can you please get your site advisor software to rate my site as green? www.crash2000.net

Thanks

Mark

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community