cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Narc
Former Member
Message 21 of 62

Re: Event ID: Mfehidk & McShield. MVT not working.

Thank you Somer Pyron, hope you can find an answer.

Cheers,

The_Narc

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 22 of 62

Sure, no worries.

So far, I can tell you I haven't found anyone else reporting the issue you've reported. One of the T3 engineers I spoke with thinks some of your OS folders might be locked, which is odd, but I'm trying to dig a little deeper there. Should have something before the end of the day.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 23 of 62

Quick question. Can you check a folder for me? I'd like to know if it exists:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\mcsvchost\

If that folder/tree exists, I'd like to see if access protection is running on it. Can you try dragging just a text file into that folder and let me know if it works or fails?

What I'm wondering here is:

1) is the installation failing to write these folders to "Common Files?"

2) If yes, why?

3) Is Common Files locked for some reason? Or did the previously installed McAfee software prevent a write to the McAfee\mcsvchost file or something weird.

Message was edited by: Somer Pyron on 2/23/10 1:50:30 PM CST
The_Narc
Former Member
Message 24 of 62

Hello Somer,

I have to tell you that today when I turned the PC on it took way too long to get operational. McAfee Shield did appear but it did not respond to right clicks or double clicks to open the main window. I came back to 2009 version thanks to a backup image. When I reported the issues I checked if it was an installation problem by doing what you told me to do and all the files were there, so I'd like to know what is happening because I have unused licenses because I'm testing the AV before I installed it in my other PC's. BTW I don't know if it is language issue but the PC where I'm having problems is in spanish but the installation went fine using McAfee Download Manager from the Spain site.

Cheers,

The_Narc

lewdog64
Former Member
Message 25 of 62

I am having the same issue with mfehidk message in my event viewer. I ran the virtual technition and came up with 3 errors the same file missing that ex brit had, and 2 wrong language errors. I have downloaded and installed three times and I get the same errors. I do have another problem and it only happens when Mcafee Total Protection is installed with these problems. When norton ghost 12 runs and does an image backup to a NAT, I recieve a BSD with 0x0000007f as the error code. It will only do this with this new version of Mcafee installed.

virttech.jpg

Message was edited by: lewdog64 on 3/8/10 4:21:44 PM CST
lewdog64
Former Member
Message 26 of 62

I have 3 computers that I have Mcafee total protection, 2 desktops and a laptop. The laptop has 2009 still installed and has no problems. The other desktop is my wifes and has 2010 on it and has the same exact problem I have on my desktop. Her desktop also uses norton ghost 12 to image the drives, but it does not have the BSD problem.

Both desktops have XP with SP3 and are both up to date

lewdog64
Former Member
Message 27 of 62

I checked that folder you wanted checked and all is ok. Can create files in there and add files.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 28 of 62

Hello to you both.

I've gone over your issue with a t3 engineer, and he was wondering if Ghost was on both systems? I know it's on yours Lew, but wasn't sure about Narc.

We're wondering if this might be an issue between our product and that version of Ghost. Can one of you disable ghost, run MCPR, restart, and reinstall?

Additionally, have either of you contacted support? If yes, is there a case number? If no, can one of you contact via chat support? Once we have an actual case number, I can work on getting it escalated if we need to.

lewdog64
Former Member
Message 29 of 62

I tried what you suggested, but I got the same result. My machine was able to automatically back up a drive last night, lets see if it can again tonight.

Message was edited by: lewdog64

I had done a search on Mcafee's website and didn't find any information on this. I found this post by searching on google. on 3/9/10 10:28:44 PM CST
lewdog64
Former Member
Message 30 of 62

Well my machine had a bsod when it tried to backup, the same codes I posted earlier. I added a picture of the message I get from the event viewer about mfehidk.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community