Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wirockstar
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Emails From PayPal All Of The Sudden "Hanging Up"

Jump to solution

I had this same problem with all emails in Outlook 2007 a year or two ago, so I finally had to turn off all my email protection.  Everything has been fine since I turned everything off.

Now, as of last week after an automatic re-boot (don't know if it was MS or McAfee) now all of my emails from PayPal literally lock up and I get the MS Outlook shows "(not responding)".  It locks up (or possibly is scanning on the backside) for up to a minute or so...unacceptable.  No other emails have this issue - only the PayPal emails.  Here is an example:

"sendmail@paypal.com; on behalf of; Director@mountain.org" - it must be the sendmail@paypal.com that is the issue since that's the only consistent address and all the others are individual customers.

Why is this happening all of the sudden?  Why is it just that one scenario (PayPal)?  How do I fix it...I already have everything shut off?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wirockstar
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: Emails From PayPal All Of The Sudden "Hanging Up"

Jump to solution

I found out this is a PayPal issue from a bad template.  PayPal and Microsoft are aware of it and it should go away once PayPal fixes it...which is supposed to be today.

Here's the full description: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outlook-web-bugs-and-paypal-messages-hang/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

This wont be a firewall issue but rather VirusScan > Real-time protection > Email attachments or Anti-Spam, although the latter would simply throw them into another folder, or even SiteAdvisor which has suddenly started over-reacting to any web page with Google Adsense Ads (reported).

So I think VirusScan may be to blame here but have moved this topic to the general SecurityCenter area for now.

You may want to take advantage of the currently free telephone Technical Support linked through Useful Links at tthe top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/10/11 10:34:12 EDT AM
wirockstar
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I found out this is a PayPal issue from a bad template.  PayPal and Microsoft are aware of it and it should go away once PayPal fixes it...which is supposed to be today.

Here's the full description: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outlook-web-bugs-and-paypal-messages-hang/

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

That's good to know, thanks for pointing it out.  I also added a bit about SiteAdvisor to my post above as that has been over-reacting recently.  Anyway, at least in this case a soluttion is on the way.

All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community