Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameneses54
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

EXCLUDE FILES AND DRIVES

Dear Users,

It seems a new updated version of the antivirus is available and as such I'd like to know if in this new release you have the capability of excluding a folder or a whole drive from scans.

Arturo

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: EXCLUDE FILES AND DRIVES

Despite our pleading on your behalf - no, it still hasn't been reintroduced.

billseymour
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: EXCLUDE FILES AND DRIVES

I am just wondering: is anyone considering leaving Mcafee because of this problem?

I have started using an application (a digital image mgmt program) which advises putting the catalog files on an "exclude list" in order to have the importing proceed without being slowed down by the antivirus app. I've been using Mcafee for almost 3 years, and I am surprised and frustrated to find that there is no way to put files/folders on such a list.

This may well be a deal-breaker for me, if I determine that importing images with Mcafee turned off improves my speed.

Seems a shame that a reasonable, requested (and once included) feature is still not part of the Mcafee program

--Bill

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community