cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unclemoodri
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Downloading MSXML

I hope I'm asking this in the right place.

I had to reinstall McAfee SecurityCenter recently on my computer with Windows 7 Home Premium (which took 9 hours because I have a dial-up connection). When the progress bar indicated that all 155,000 KB had been downloaded, I got the notice "Installation Incomplete", and was advised that the problem might be solved if I did the following:

Install MSXML versions 3 and 4, then install the McAfee suite:

Download and install MSXML version 3 (MSXML3.msi only).

Restart the computer.

Download and install MSXML version 4 (MSXML.msi only).

Restart the computer.

Install the McAfee Consumer 2007 or later products.

Restart the computer.

At Microsoft.com, I went to Microsoft Download/Windows, and tried to find the 2 files. I made various searches for "MSXML version 3" and "MSXML 3", and the same type of searches for version 4. I couldn’t find the specific files listed by McAfee in either case. Can anyone give me specific instructions to find them? Thanx a lot.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Downloading MSXML

They are here

Uninstall mcafee

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

reboot and reinstall though...

Maybe a good idea to ask Mcafee for a cd to save the 9 hrs download

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/07/11 6:58:08 PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Downloading MSXML

If Windows 7 was up to date you should have had those MSXML versions and many updates since already installed.

When this is all fixed and if you haven't got it already, install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7, help with that here:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2205 and make sure updates are turned on as there have been plenty since that.

Hint: never use registry cleaners as this sort of thing can happen when using those.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community