cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Does The Firewall Still Function When The Subscription has Expired?

My copy of internet security recently expired, and I cannot renew it until later this month. It is not letting me get updates, and won't let me check the protection status under the computer & files pane because it does not have the latest virus definitions.
Does this mean my firewall, buffer overflow protection, and system guards features are disabled? Windows security center says that McAfee's firewall is turned on, and I'm only getting an out-of-date warning by McAfee, so does that mean it's still on?

I hope it has not all been disabled. sad
2 Replies
BastiaanR
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Does The Firewall Still Function When The Subscription has Expired?

The software doesn't disable, it is still working. You just won't be able to download any updates and it may nag you to renew.
dtmcauliffe
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Does The Firewall Still Function When The Subscription has Expired?

So, it's all okay even though I cannot check the settings under the computer & files pane?
It will not let me perform a virus scan, so does that count real-time scanning as well?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community