cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
killermachine25
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Disable McAfee Pop-Up Blocker

I can't seem to find how to unblock pop-ups on McAfee Security Center because it keeps blocking up pop-ups on my MSN Messenger when someone is trying to contact me with a video call. I already disabled my Google Pop-Up Blocker and Yahoo! Pop-Up Blocker, what do I have to do to disable McAfee's pop-up blocker???

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEE
7 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

RE: Disable McAfee Pop-Up Blocker

hi,

what is the version of McAfee that you are using? (To check, open your McAfee Security Center and click About on the lower corner right).

try adding the MSN Messenger on the Full Permission list on the MSC Firewall settings. also, if there is a specific port that MSN uses for video conference, please add that port in the System Service option.

if still didn't work, totally disable the McAfee firewall and check your messenger again.

hope it helps
killermachine25
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

I have:

- McAfee Security Center 9.0

Also, Windows Live Messenger is on McAfee's full access list, and I'm not quite sure if or which port Windows Live Messenger uses for video conferences.
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

hi,

did you try disabling the McAfee firewall and then check your Messenger? if yes, are you able to use the video call?
killermachine25
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

My video call works fine if I try to video call someone, but I'm only having problems if someone else tries to video call me, not if I try to video call someone else and then the McAfee Pop-Up Blocker closes it but I could still hear the sound of a phone ringing on the computer (the sound indicates on Windows Live Messenger that someone is trying to video call you).

So I don't know what to do, I guess I have to wait until they try to video call me again when they come back online.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

this is an indication that outgoing connections are ok and that incoming connections are blocked...

please try this...

open mcafee security center>click on internet and network>click on configure (above about)>click on advanced (for personal firewall)>check the global security level of the firewall... with your version of mcafee it should be in trusting set to outbound access only... try switching it to allow full acess... this should open up incoming connections.

hope it helps...
killermachine25
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Thank you all that helped me so far, and I think I solved the problem now, all I need is a friend to video call me to test it out to see if it works, grin
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

:)

Glad it's fixed...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community