cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firesands
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Desktop Icon Issue

I don't WISH to have a notification from McAfee about this ridiculous desktop icon issue..... I totally EXPECT an email and fix to this problem.  They're quick enough to take your money, and even have auto pay by default.....  Now it's the customers turn to get some respect.  Without a resolution to this problem by the first week of the New Year, it's goodbye to McAfee from me.

Totally NOT acceptable. 

Period.

2 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Desktop Icon Issue

Hello firesands and welcome to the McAfee Community Forums,

Your frustration and sentiments are quite understandable, and as you can readily see...this desktop icon issue has been equally disconcerting to quite a number of McAfee users.  McAfee is addressing the issue in as timely a manner as possible.  You might wish to take a look at what Moderator Ex-Brit has posted regarding this issue at the link below:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/221205#221205

Our forum Moderators are in regular contact with McAfee staff every week.  They volunteer their time as Moderators here working on behalf of the many forum members, such as, you and I to help ensure that McAfee personnel are made aware of significant problems which are being posted within the various forums here.  And, as necessary...they will continue bringing up those on-going issues which appear to have, "fallen by the wayside", so-to-speak.

From what I have read thus f ar, (if I'm interpreting it correctly), it appears a patch to correct the problem is expected to be released sometime this week.  I would encourage you to wait and see what happens in the next 6 - 7 days before dumping McAfee altogether.  One additional important noteworthy item here too, is McAfee will obviously need to ensure (via its testing protocols), that any patch which is to be released to remedy this issue...will actually do so, and permanently(I think we both know just how frustrating it becomes when a supposed "fix" to a problem turns out not to work)!

Best Regards!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Desktop Icon Issue

The fix for this issue is rolling out as we speak but may take several days / weeks to be applied to every customer. It was a bug that we've worked hard to fix, not a conspiracy to market to, annoy, or lose our valued customers. This thread is being locked on instruction from the Forum Administrator.

For up to date information, see Issue Update: McAfee desktop icon cannot be permanantly deleted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/01/12 9:15:37 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community