Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jad
Contributor III
Message 11 of 17

Re: Definition File Download

Jump to solution

yes they have sorted out the current area as well, luckily the changes I made will future proof.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

Where are the linux tar files now? The location they were in is empty now.

jad
Contributor III
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Not sure what you would need I pick up our files from commonupdater/current and just require amcord2000 and endpcnt_1000 plus sitestat.xml and catalog.z. These are for updating our PC's, I just use Linux to store and distribute the files.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

We have both windows boxes and RHEL boxes that I update. For the Windows boxes we have been downloading from commonupdater.

For the RHEL's we have been updating using a single file from the /pub/datfiles/english folder. Last week I got avvdat-9279.tar for example. That gets copied into a folder on the RHEL and unziped, 4 files. Today in the /pub/datfiles/english folder there are no files. 

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

Looks all good now. The tar file is there. Thanks for the help and info. All back to normal lol

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 16 of 17

Jump to solution

This issue seems to be back. Using the http://update.nai.com/commonupdater site now and have been with no issues. This week it seems housekeeping is again not being done and the download is too big to burn to a DVD.

I believe the issue is again older files not being removed for example current avvdat.zip file is 9620 but there still are 9612, 9614, 9617, 9619 zips there and I am sure there are more of the older files in the "current" folder. For example the "Commonupdater" folder on May 5th was about 2GB. Today it is about 4GB.

How do these get cleaned up when the new defs are uploaded? I am in trouble with this until it is cleaned up.

Thanks.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

This applies to the Commonupdater3 folder also. It is twice the size of the size last week.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community