Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muck
Former Member
Message 21 of 40

Re: Dat out of date?

Jump to solution

I seem to be doing ok now but I did notice this warning twice in the event viewer when I rebooted and updated:

Process **\mcshield.exe pid (1344) is not from a trusted source and was blocked from performing a privileged operation with a McAfee driver.

I saw it twice I think today, once before the reboot and once after it.  I've not seen it since though as far as I know.

Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 40

Jump to solution

Try to ignore the Event Viewer...I do, unless something breaks down irrevocably.

😉

ms421
Former Member
Message 23 of 40

Jump to solution

I just rebooted and was able to get the update installed . . . so far, so good! Thanks, Muck!

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 24 of 40

Jump to solution

OUCH!

I gotta sit this out doing nothing, and hoping the automatic update for dat 6809 will occur, when all the problems you guys are talking about are cleared up.  I wasn't having any problems that I noticed except a missing dat. So I'm not about to do a manual update, (automatic will be fine if it ever occurs), as I have no wish to go through uninstalling and re-installing my AntiVirus Plus 2012.  

I had to do that in June as I recall, and had to do it 2 times before I got it correct.  best part of 1/2 a day for a novice like me.

All the stuff you guys are talking about is way over my head and hopefully is due to you guys having a different McAfee anti-virus package than AntiVirus Plus   I hope I'm not just being naive.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 40

Jump to solution

Well a missing DAT isn't a problem so that's one less thing you should be worrying about.   Only if your SecurityCenter flashes red and says it can't update or something along those lines, would there be cause to be concerned.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 26 of 40

Jump to solution

Thank you Peter. just looked, and it's still  green / secure.   no update yet.

I'll be back asking for help when/if it turns red after the dat updates.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 40

Jump to solution

Let's hope it behaves itself.  Good luck.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 28 of 40

Jump to solution

you manually got 6809? which mcafee program do you have installed?  (I have the simpler one AntiVirus Plus 2012)

I was not having any Mcafee problems except  this one about not getting dats after 6807. 

I'm not aware of anything dat 6807 possibly did to my system.

I haven't tried to download 6809 manually since the announcement above by Ex_Brit because I don't want to ask for trouble.

automatic update hasn't occurred for 6809 yet

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 40

Jump to solution

In my case only after a reinstallation.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 30 of 40

Jump to solution

Hi  Peter.  You only were able to get dat 6809 after a reinstallation?  what a lot of work you have had to do.

I guess I'm confused about if I need this emergency dat 6809 or not.  Is dat 6809 just for those having problems?

I'm able to scan with Mcafee (quick scan and full scan) without a problem. ..I'm running a quick scan as I type this.

Obviously I'm able to access the internet.

** Is there any other test I should do to see if dat 6807 caused a problem somewhere for me?

** Do I really need to manually check for  6809 since I'm not having a problem?  So far nothing from  automatic   update

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community