cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpatrin
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

DAT Out of Date - Conflicting Advice

I am having continued problem with MVT and McAfee Security stating my DAT is pending update. I have read the many community discussions on this and followed the update procedure. All state look at "About" and see what version MVT "expects" you should have. This number is NEVER the same as what I have. I have had two tech sessions in past few days and each time they say "must run update" and "McAfee says you are fine, no problems," but the numbers still don't match. Is this a problem with McAfee software in MVT? Why doesn't McAfee include this update in auto updates? I have live scan and update automated.

The log says “expect 5200," have 7029. Is this a problem (product version 15.6.245).

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: DAT Out of Date - Conflicting Advice

Since you PM'd me about this I was thinking back a bit and see that this has been reported before.  It's either a fault in the Virtual Technician or the people who provide your McAfee software, (possibly your ISP?), could be holding back on a patch.

Either way I think the best bet for you is to contact Technical Support directly and have them troubleshoot.

It's free of charge by phone daily 6am - 6pm Pacific time, or online chat 24/7 and available through Useful Links at the top of this page or HERE.

However, I think it's simply a question of the Virtual Technician needs updating by whomever deals with that.    As it's a holiday I don't expect movement on that until at least Tuesday.

The link I provided is for the USA where I think you are situated, am I right?   I see you got your software from the Australian servers however, which in itself shouldn't be a problem.

Basically if SecurityCenter is green and says it is protecting you, there's nothing to worry about.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community