cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynxxmarie
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Current DAT file number

Can anyone please tell me the current DAT file number? My last DAT file was 5598.

Since my anti virus is still not updating, I have no idea if it is actually up to date or not.
It's still showing the "You are not protected" yellow flag.
I have clicked the fix button, used the VT, uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times using the special tool to remove everything.
The circling red arrow starts in icon tray and goes but never gets past 0%.

With my slow dialup, it takes at least 8 hours to reinstall just the firewall, antivirus and security center. This is ridiculous.

I have done all of the different things mentioned throughout the forum. I've put in so many hours reading, studying, and reinstalling that it has just about turned me away from McAfee for good.... and I really hate that because I have been a faithful customer for many years without a problem whatsoever..... until Nov 2008 when this mess started.

I am running XP home edition sp3 on a Dell Inspiron 1150. This laptop came with McAfee and I have faithfully bought each new Security Center every year.
IE7, MSN dialup, lots of free space on hard drive, 1.25 GB RAM, 2.60 GHz.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Current DAT file number

The last DAT I received was 5609 of 8th. May. Sometimes DATs may be published but not released for one reason or another.

What happens when you open Security Center and click "Fix"?

Security Center relies heavily on Internet Explorer being at its default setting so go into IE7 Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset. Then click Apply and OK, close and re-open IE. Now go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any add-ons. Then you can close it again.

See if updating works.

Also, are you behind any sort of proxy barrier such as those used by universities and many other institutions?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community