cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGWilli
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Computer is Not Protected Message

Just recently installed Internet Security 2009. Each time I start my computer and open the McAfee Security Center, the protection status indicates that I am not protected and that the problem needs to be FIXED.

After I press FIX, it indicates that:
1.) Identity Protection is not installed
2.) Spam Protection is not installed
3.) Content Blocking is not installed
4.) Security Issue with network.

Any idea as to the cause? I using Internet Security 2009 Version 13.11.102
1 Reply
wyverngc
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

RE: Computer is Not Protected Message

I get a similar problem. I tell it to FIX and it comes back with a message that says one or more errors have occurred. Thinking that I have a virus, I tried to run the scan, but it also says that there is an error and won't start the scan. I tried to run the virtual technician and it also comes back with errors that it can't correct. I eventually found that if I manually tell it to update that it solves the problem. However my problem is that this has occurred three times within a week and I want to know why it keeps failing to update. I've had McAfee for about a year and this has only happened once before and that was 6+ months ago. Every time that this happens my computer will freeze and I'm forced to hard shutdown. I want to know why all of a sudden it's having problems updating? Also why does the FIX button not FIX the problem?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community