cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KLINK1
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Completely Disabling SC

I want to Completely Disable SC while Video Editing. I used the Configure Menu to turn everything off that I could find, but there are still 9 McAfee Services running in the background. When I terminate these services they just reappear. The pop up telling me that I am not protected keeps popping up while I am editing or the video is rendering.

Is there a way to terminate these services without uninstalling McAfee?
5 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

RE: Completely Disabling SC

yes there is a way... which is to stop these services from loading during boot up... but the pop up from window security center won't stop informing you that your AV is off...

turning off virus scan from the mcafee security center should do the trick... if you would like to turn off/disabled mcafee services still you will leave your computer unprotected... reply to this so we could provide you steps to temporary disable mcafee during bootup...
KLINK1
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I would like to disable mcafee during bootup.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

hi,

to disable mcafee during boot up:

for VISTA

1. click on start>start search
  2. type in msconfig
  3. on the upper left of the start menu click on the system config icon
  4. in the system config window go to the services tab
  5. put a check on "hide all microsoft services" (outside of the box where you have the list of all services)
  6. then uncheck all the mcafee services that you see
  7. then go to the startup tab
  8. in the startup tab uncheck McAgent or any mcafee entry you have
  9. hit apply and then OK
  10. you may need to restart your computer

for XP

1. click on start>run
  2. type in msconfig
  3. on the upper left of the start menu click on the system config icon
  4. in the system config window go to the services tab
  5. put a check on "hide all microsoft services" (outside of the box where you have the list of all services)
  6. then uncheck all the mcafee services that you see
  7. then go to the startup tab
  8. in the startup tab uncheck McAgent or any mcafee entry you have
  9. hit apply and then OK
  10. you may need to restart your computer

caution: your computer will not be protected during these times.

to re-enable mcafee during boot up

1. click on start>run>msconfig
  2. in the system config window put the radio button on normal startup
  3. hit apply and then ok
  4. you may need to restart your computer

hope this helps...
KLINK1
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the info.

Would I get the same results if I disabled these items in Computer Management-Services?
ronaldhartm
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Re: RE: Completely Disabling SC

It sounds like you're having a frustrating experience with trying to completely disable SC (presumably referring to some security or background services) while video editing. It's unfortunate that even after configuring the settings, McAfee services are still running in the background and causing interruptions.

Terminating these services might not be the best approach, as they seem to be essential for the functioning of McAfee and its security features. If you're concerned about the pop-ups and resource consumption while editing videos, there are a few things you could try:

Contact McAfee Support: Reach out to McAfee's customer support for assistance. They might be able to guide you through specific settings or offer solutions to minimize the interruptions while keeping the security features active.

Adjust McAfee Settings: Check if there are specific settings in McAfee that allow you to reduce the frequency of pop-ups or notifications. Sometimes, there are options to customize the level of interaction the software has with the user.

Alternative Software: If the pop-ups and background processes are becoming too intrusive, you could consider switching to a different antivirus or security software that might have a less aggressive impact on your video editing process.

Resource Management: Use your operating system's task manager to manage resources. You can set the McAfee services to a lower priority, which might reduce their impact on your editing software.

On a different note, I noticed you mentioned "CapCut." If you're looking for a smoother video editing experience, you might want to consider trying out CapCut, a popular video editing app known for its user-friendly interface and a wide range of features. It's available for download on various platforms, and many users find it to be a great tool for their video editing needs.

Ultimately, the decision to keep or uninstall McAfee depends on your security needs and how much you're willing to compromise on protection versus uninterrupted video editing. Remember to prioritize your workflow while ensuring your system's security is not compromised.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community