cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasperfair
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Clean install of Windows 7.0 professional - Mcafee security center does not install entirely 9.15

I recently had a clean install of windows 7.0 professional.  I had bought my Dell computer earlier this year and it came with a 15 month Mcafee security center version 9.15.  I keep getting error messages that not all Mcafee components installed, I am not fully protected.  I downloaded the tech advisor... showed me nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the security center software...no change, same errors occur.  I also noticed that the 'site validation balloons' at the end of searches are not there anymore.  I am not a big 'techie' person... so I need some help in understanding how to get this fixed so I am getting the full protection that I paid for.  Any assistance would be helpful!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
jasperfair
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Clean install of Windows 7.0 professional - Mcafee security center does not install entirely 9.15

Here is some additional information from Microsoft that shows on my computer:

Upon Installation a dialog box pops up and states:

This program has known compatability issues.  Check online to see if solutions are available from Microsoft.

I select - 'check online solutions'

Pop-up occurs - 'Address problem with Mcafee security center.  Your version of Mcafee is not compatible with this version of windows.  Go to Mcafee site to see if a solution is available.

Additional information regarding Incompatability:

Problem Signature

Problem event name:  ApphelpSoftBlock

Problem Signature01:  {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111}

Problem Signature02:  {af755447-1028-4960-bc52-32b51578c7cf}

OS Version:  6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:  1033

Extra Info

Bucket ID:  575986838

Not sure if this extra info helps in defining the problem better!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community