cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angrygamerndar
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Centurylink Security by McAfee

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a little help here! Centurylink has dropped Norton as their antivirus service and has opted for McAfee. It is called "Centurylink Security by McAfee". There are about 12 McAfee processes running but I can't find a control panel or anything to adjust the settings. There is one application in my programs list (called Centurylink Security by McAfee) but when I select it it does nothing. It also installed a Chrome extension. But still no adjustments there. Any help would b e kindly appreciated. I am running Windows 7 64x.

8 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Centurylink Security by McAfee

Hi @angrygamerndar 

McAfee uses a cloud-based global threat intelligence system and machine learning to instantly scan messages, files and apps to block or quarantine malicious content like viruses,malware,ransomware,spyware and more on your compatible devices.

1. Follow these steps to download CenturyLink Security by McAfee: On your laptop or desktop computer, sign in to your My CenturyLink account and go to the Important Messages section. There is a "Download McAfee Security" link that will launch the McAfee site in a new tab or window (depending on your browser setting).
angrygamerndar
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I got that, where is the interface to all this stuff?

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 9

The normal interface for Mcafee consumer products is a red shield icon in the right bottom task bar.

I cannot find any writeup online so far

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

hello,

i would like to ask if your problem has been solved in the meantime ?

myself not familiar with Norton but when you removed Norton from your PC , did you use the tool Norton Remove and Install ?

and when Norton Family or Norton VPN was installed that these must be first deleted in Wndows 7 before using the tool above mentioned ?.........

it seems McAfee has not been installed properly and maybe a renstall is worth a try

to do so you can use this link;

How to remove McAfee

use method 1 first and do a reboot than use method 2 and do a reboot and do the new install mentioned in posting no.2 by siddharth

hope this will help ?

greetings

patrickw99
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I am trying to reinstall centurylink security by McAfee on my computer.  every time I try to reinstall I get the following error.    

please restart your device so we can finish removing your  McAfee software so we can install your new protection software. 

I cannot get past this popup.  I have rebooted several times, and I still get this error I have tried several of the instructions in this thread but I still get this same error.   Any help will be appreciated. 

patrickw99

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

hello,

i would like the following; when removing Mcafee from Windows and have done a reboot did you use the MCPR tool after that aswell ?

greetings

patrickw99
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

yes I used the mcpr tool.  I still have the issue where it says I have to reboot before it can install.  I then reboot and try to reinstall and I get the same message to reboot 

patrickw99

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

hello,

thanks for the update.

after browsing this community i came across the followng posting; there is a reply from a mod Madhan with steps you could try. if that does not work i would suggest contacting live support for assistance.

the posting i found;

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/Try-to-install-McAfee-LiveSafe-continuously-get-message-to/...

i hope the steps that solved the problem can help you.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community