cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMarine45
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Cancel auto-renewal

Hi, everyone. I want to cancel auto-renewal because I am not using McAfee anymore.
I live in Slovenia and I registered product on United Kingdom site. How can I cancel auto-renewal. Can I do it through online support ? Please help!!

Thank you in advance.

TheMarine45
8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

RE: Cancel auto-renewal

You could call them but that would be long distance so perhaps the online Customer Service Chat, but only if the following fails..via McAfee.com link at top right of this page:

There is an option to set the Auto -renewal option in your account

Log in to the account and on the left pane select My Auto-renewal settings and then you may uncheck or check the required subscriptions...( it will be under the My account section)

Customer Service Chat is linked in my signature or at top of this page, second from the left.
TheMarine45
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Cancel auto-renewal

Hi again, I tried to send email to McAfee through customer support page on United Kingdom website, but when I want to confirm my email address, I can't type @ sign. What am I doing wrong. Please help because I really don't wan't to pay for program that I am not using. 😞

Thank you in advance.

TheMarine45
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

Did you try changing the settings on your account page first?

You can't type the sign or the website wont accept the sign, which one? If the former then use the Windows Character Map and copy and paste it in as it could be the keyboard/language you are using is preventing it.

(Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools)

It would be easier and quicker to use the online chat linked here: http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1&st=CHAT

The Chat link is only active when they are open.
TheMarine45
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Today I tried to get to live chat but the page is the same as for email support, so I must type in my data. Again when I tried to type @ letter in confirm email address field the letter don't show up in the field. When I type my email address in the field above I can do it normaly and letter shows normaly. What is wrong, am I doing something wrong? sad Please help.

TheMarine45
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Let me ask for help here. When is your subscription expiring?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

By the way, I assume you've tried copying and pasting your email address from an actual email? Make sure there are no spurious spaces inserted.
TheMarine45
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Thank you for advice, but I solved the problem. I just changed keyboard layout from slovenian to american layout and then @ letter appeared when I pressed combination (SHIFT and number 2):o . I guess there shold be advice on the McAfee support page that european customers should change their keyboard layout before they enter email address and also key combination should be posted. :rolleyes:

TheMarine45
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

LOL, I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Glad you sorted it out.

I'll make this a subject for our next conference call, thanks for posting the solution.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community