cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zman99
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Can you Stop the Darn Advertising

I know that others have complained about this, but obviously Mcafee Just Doesn't Care or can't get it in their heads. yet again i have another advertising that pops up and does not auto fade away. Mcafee has said this is an informational message, which is not true, you can chose not to display informational message, also they fade away.   I pay for this product and should not be forced to keep getting this advertising. You should at least give us the option to opt out, just like we can for email SPAM, or at a bare minimum have it fade out after 5 seconds ( i know you marketing dept wont want this, but you are losing customers).   Attached is today's latest annoyance.

2 Replies
blarg
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can you Stop the Darn Advertising

Ditto.

The first renewal reminder appeared on my desktop only 3 months into a 15 month subscription.  I can accept a reminder or two a month before the subscription expires (with a "don't remind me again" tick box), anything more is advertising.  Splashing promotional material on my desktop falls in the same category as the pizza flyers that get stuck to my windshield.

Given that the products promoted include anti-spam software I think the marketing department is bit disconnected.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can you Stop the Darn Advertising

Will pass this on 3mths into a 15mth subscription is not cool.

Other than that it is out of we mods hands sorry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community