cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Can't install after reformatting

I have a copy of McAfee that has been installed on three computers, but my computer had to be reformatted, because it was too late for it to do any good. Anyway, long story short, it's not letting me reinstall it. Help?
Labels (1)
13 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 14

RE: Can't install after reformatting

hi,

whats the specs of the system? OS and service pack, Processor, RAM, IE Version...

did you get any errors during the reinstallation?

please provide us with more information so we could help you out and provide troubleshooting steps related to your issue... happy
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

Sorry about that. Here it is, I have:

Processor: Intel Core Duo T8300
RAM: 2006MB

When I put the CD in it was gave me an error message (sorry don't remember what it was) and then the program would crash before I could install. Now when I put the CD in it just doesn't respond at all.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 14

please run below tool and retry the installation... also please take note of the error if you get any...

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/IERegFix.bat
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 5 of 14

Okay, I ran the tool and now when I put the CD in it gives me this error:

Unable to setup the frame window. Exiting...
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 6 of 14

hi,

this error should be resolved by tha patch... by the way what is the version of your IE browser?

please also try running the preinstal checkup...

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

just run the software and click on start... then follow the prompts... retry installation after running the program...
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

I have IE 7, but I mainly use Google Chrome.

Okay, I ran the patch and put the CD in and a McAfee window popped up for a second (literally), but it vanished quickly and now it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I just ejected the CD and put it in again, but it did the same thing. The CD's not even spinning now.

Edit: Also, I did the preinstall check up before installing as well.
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 8 of 14

*sigh* I'm still getting the same error.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

can you try setting IE as the default browser temporarily... just use google chrome after the installation of the mcafee software is done.
Pineapple
Former Member
Message 10 of 14

It's still set as the default browser, I just happen to use Google chrome instead.

The problem is I can't even get an install window to open. All I get when I put the CD in is the "Unable to setup the frame window. Exiting..." error and then it closes and does nothing.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community