cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_129503
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Can't Download Product

For the past few weeks my virus definitions would not install, so I decided today to uninstall and reinstall. Unfortunately when I go to redownload from my account I get to the point where I'm ready to download and then get this error:

DMSetup.exe was not found on this server

So I tried to run the assistance tool from support and that file was also not found on the server. So I'm unable to download anything at this point.
Labels (3)
3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

RE: Can't Download Product

It could be that the servers are down temporarily. When you uninstalled did you run the MCPR cleanup tool (linked in my signature) ? If not do so now but I would advise enabling Windows Firewall until this is sorted out.

If it is server issues then it should start working again soon, or you can try another country server, if you don't mind another language on the interface.

A tip is to "Save" the DMSETUP to your desktop first, then

try it from there.

Worldwide McAfee Download Links
user_129503
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

So it's the next day, and I still have the problem. This is the exact error it gives me whenI try to download:

The requested URL /molbin/iss-loc/mdm/en-us/3.0.161/1/DMSetup.exe was not found on this server.

And this happens from this page:

http://us.mcafee.com/Root/RunApplication.asp?appid=&appaffid=0&productkey=REMOVEDFROMPOST

Obviously the REMOVEDFROMPOST part of course was my key, not sure if supposed to post that here or not.

I've tried it from the UK, Singapore and Canadian download sites also (originally US) and I get the exact same thing. It just changes the message by the local download site to read something like:

The requested URL /molbin/iss-loc/mdm/en-au/3.0.161/2/DMSetup.exe was not found on this server.

So basically I'm protection proof at this point, I downloaded AntiVir Personal for now, until I get McAfee back online. But obviously this is a product I own and paid for so I'd like to get it back up ASAP.

Oh one additional note, I've tried this with both IE and Firefox, same problem.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Are you simply signing in using your registered email address and password?

Maybe your cookies are corrupted. Have you tried clearing them?

Make sure that your browser is set to default.

If you are running Internet Explorer 7 go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button. OK and exit, close and reopen IE7.
You will have to-enable all the browser add-ons.

If Internet Explorer 6 - go to Tools/Internet Options..
General tab: clear cookies, history and temporary files
Security tab: set all zones to default
Content tab: disable Content Advisor
Advanced tab: set to default. OK and exit.

Scan you machine for malware using the free version of this tool: http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

The only other thing that I can suggest is to use the Chat link to speak to Customer Service. It is linked in my signature.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community