Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhay_kurian
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Can't Activate McAfee Subscription

hello dinesh k,

i have a dell inspiron 15 r laptop.i also have the same problem like kizucom,my laptop says to activate the product,but it is not activating.

my operatin system is windows home basic.

how do i resolve the problem

on 26/07/11 3:49:20 EDT AM
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't Activate McAfee Subscription

Moved from an old thread to your own thread with a new title and in SecurityCenter where it hopefully will be spotted.

These things need to be investigated live so I suggest contacting Technical Support Online Chat via the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Meanwhile it might be an idea to be more explicit.   What McAfee product is this, exactly what version of Windows and what service pack is installed and what kind of internet connection do you have?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/07/11 3:52:21 EDT AM
abhay_kurian
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

i have a broadband connection and the speed is quite good!!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

OK, I still need to know what Windows it is as Windows Home Basic could be Vista or Windows 7 and I need to know what service pack you have installed.  To get that information right-click 'Computer' and go to Properties.

I also need to know, regardless of your default browser, what version of Internet Explorer is installed...open it and go to Help > About.

Also last question, are any other programmes having difficulty connecting to the internet?

abhay_kurian
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

i have windows 7 home basic,service pack 1.

my explorer is internet explorer 9.

i have some problem with connection of yahoo messenger and the other messenger services.

and my mcafee keeps on showing that ur computer is at risk and you need to activate the software

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the info.   McAfee uses IE for all connections so try opening IE9 and then go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset and Apply, OK any prompts.

Close and reopen IE9 and go to Tools/Manage Add-Ons and re-enable any you need.   Close it again.

Also make sure Windows Firewall is off in Control Panel > Security

Try again at activation.

By the way you will have to sign into web sites again as the browser will have forgotten all your passwords.

If it doesn't work then contact Technical Support Chat via the link in Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/07/11 5:11:02 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community