cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ginnpr
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Best settings for Scan

My scan runs every Friday - it took almost 3 hours - what are the settings for running a check of computer and still have it check my online internet info - or would it be best to run when not on computer - I thought I had quick scan set but I guess not - Thanks for any help!!!!
1 Reply
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

RE: Best settings for Scan

Check your online internet info ? I don't know what you mean by that.

Anyway, I just recommend a full scan.

You have the option of having it run in the background, consuming relatively few resources (CPU ?), or run it at full speed. Obviously, the latter is faster, but it is intended for when the computer is not used. I think that the default setting is the background scan.

I don't have an English version of McAfee, so I won't try to explain where/how you can select this. But it's easy to locate.

In SecurityCenter 9.3, Virusscan 13.3 there is an option to shut down the computer after completing a scan (you can see it when the scan is running), but I have never used it. That might not be the best choice when using a SCHEDULED scan ! Maybe your problem is solved by running the scan that way just before you go to bed ?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community