Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amby
Contributor
Message 21 of 99

Re: Automatic checking for updates at bootup stalls-W7

Jump to solution

My computer W7 is still on build 4113 and problem still exists.

norfolkman3
Contributor II
Message 22 of 99

Jump to solution

Spoke too soon !!

Both 4113 &4119 are just going round again today.    Heigh-ho!   Just have to wait longer for the cure.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 99

Jump to solution

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a dud server at the far end.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 99

Jump to solution

I am running McAfee Security Center v14.0.4119 as well. I experience no issue at all with it updating automatically daily. Yet still intermittently may bring my Monitor out of Hybrid sleep and see the 'Arrow' spinning/polling for updates.

In my case this may occur always late in the evening. So therefore it is my opinion that this behavior has yet to be rectified. It also could possibly explain why PK has yet to receive the Build 4119 in his Beta. Evidently the Dev's are still working on/testing the fix.

If it still remains to be the case, I will definitely bring it up during our Conference Call this Monday.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 99

Jump to solution

You may have a point there Peter. It is my understanding that being on the East Coast/US, I receive my daily Engine Versions/Anti-Spam Content updates from either the Canada/Dallas,Texas server.I say this because I have friends in both Texas/Ontario and we basically are updated at the same time.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_6
Former Member
Message 26 of 99

Jump to solution

Sunday morning news:

This morning it's the opposite of yesterday! The computer that was OK yesterday found again the problem and the other is working well! The software McAfee seems unstable and the 4119 version does not solve anything!

amby
Contributor
Message 27 of 99

Jump to solution

Funnily enough, mine (4113) apparently worked ok this morning!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 99

Jump to solution

As mentioned by us Mods, this has been discussed and is being addressed. So we have been told. We will bring it back up tomorrow during our weekly Conference call.

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
amby
Contributor
Message 29 of 99

Jump to solution

No, I was wrong, it's still the same.

norfolkman3
Contributor II
Message 30 of 99

Jump to solution

Just as a side issue whilst awaiting for the cure,  Can you alter the time of day that Total Protection looks for updates or is it set daily by McAfee?  I can't see any option on the interface.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community