cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 13

Re: Annoying Mcafee Icon keeps reappearing again after latest patch!

Jump to solution

mitchstewart - the fix is being tested and retested as we speak and should be released in just a few days.

indinfer:  yes the CPU/Memory usage issue was supposed to have been solved some time back.  Some people may still experience it however if they get their software from a 3rd party source such as their ISP or Dell for instance, because those 3rd parties do their own testing and may or may not pass on any fixes that come down the pipeline.   That's unfortunate for some I realise but that's the way it is.

I don't know how this small thread got broken off the main one, otherwise you would have been updated with the news the patch is being tested.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/01/12 10:16:52 EST AM
rsdofny
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Jump to solution

This is great...like many others, I am annoyed to the point that I am writing on this forum and calling into your hotline.  I really like a clean desktop.  A McAfee icon is in my taskbar when my computer starts up, it is not I need another icon for quick access.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

The fix for this issue is rolling out as we speak but may take several days / weeks to be applied to every customer. It was a bug that we've worked hard to fix, not a conspiracy to market to, annoy, or lose our valued customers. This thread is being locked due to spam complaints.

For up to date information, see Issue Update: McAfee desktop icon cannot be permanantly deleted.

The release as shown in the link below will take a few days to reach all servers in each case.

This is per the Forum Administrator.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/01/12 9:18:03 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community