Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rexi
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Angry new customer - alot of problems..

Hi,

So I decided to buy McAfee Total Protection (didnt find forum for this, so IS is first similar to Total Protection).

OK, I choose language of site - Croatian, ok.. pay.. install
1. Translation is terrable an I want to change language to english, because i dont understand on croatian, even I am croatian.

2. Due to problem No.1 I wanted to contact chat support, I click on suport (croatian McAfee site) - it transfer me on english support site and when i need to enter info in form, just before chat, it doesnt accept my mail, because my product isnt registered? (i buyed it online, over McAfee store, wtf??)

3. Ok... lets register...
BUT...
404 error, not existing web site for registration???

I expect answer soon,
ty
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Angry new customer - alot of problems..

I wasn't aware that there was a Croatian version. I see Srbija which would probably be the closest.

If you want to have the application all in English then you would have to uninstall it in the normal way, via the Control Panel, then run the MCPR removal tool linked in my signature, then after a reboot, reinstall from the English website: http://uk.mcafee.com/root/downloads.asp

That may also solve the issues contacting Technical Support.
rexi
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

omw to do that, thanks for fast replay!

about language, it is croatian (hr)

and please resolve problem with contacting chat and this registration issue, for future grin
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Can you use the Technical Support Chat link in my signature? (Or even the Customer Service link). If that works then they should be able to help with the registration issue.

404 usually means a temporary internet problem that will eventually work.
rexi
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

yes, now it works, i also notice my cpanel of McAfee website is on english now and it did notice my mcafee product which i buyed long time ago.

so, now it works everything ok 🙂

oh, and i would like to report one small issue 😄

when i am entering fields of form for chat, name, last name etc. mail, then i need to retype mail again - i cant write "@".
i have croatian keyboard and cro layout. then i tryed to change on eng. keyboard + layout and i could enter "@".. so, its just small issue so other ppl which dont use eng keyboard can access chat 🙂

one more time, thx for hlp 🙂

edit: croatian layout use Alt Gr + V = @
eng layout is on croatian keyboard SHIFT + 2 = @
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

That's interesting. I'll point this out to the McAfee people when we have our next conference call with them.

We are just volunteer users like yourself here.

You could always use Ctrl + C then Ctrl + V - Copy and paste method.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community