cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constance00
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Android Studio Emulator makes Windows 10 crash

It was all working fine until this morning...

Then I loaded McAfee onto my Windows 10 laptop because the free trial period was up. While doing this I noticed Windows 10 did some updates on a restart.

After that, Android Studio wouldn't run like it had before (earlier this morning), and in particular running the emulator made the system 'blue screen' crash. So I completely removed McAfee. Now the Emulator will start up OK, but the same crash happens when Android Studio tries to load my app (Flutter) into it.

(Fortunately Android Studio will still build an APK for my phone, so not everything is lost.)

What's going on?? Have I (or McAfee) mucked up some security setting on the PC, so the Emulator can't talk to Android Studio? Loads of disc space so it's not that ... I'm a bit stuck for what to try next ...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

alaskasworld

3 Replies
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Android Studio Emulator makes Windows 10 crash

It may have corrupted. Try reinstall

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hello @Constance00 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This could be even due to recent Windows updates. Please perform the below and let us know if it resolves the issue,

• Ensure Windows is up to date
  • Uninstall McAfee
  • Reinstall McAfee and check if everything works fine
  • Ensure there are no third party Anti Virus program installed

Regards,
Madhan M

scottmoc
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks!

AlaskasWorld

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community