cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmet
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

All-Access update stuck at 75%

Almost every time my All-Access tries to update (auto or manual), the progress quickly goes up to 75% and then stops (with the progress circle just spinning).  The issue is with the first step: "Checking for Updates"... and as evidenced by my post, I do have Internet access.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mr. Met

* I am running this software on a fully updated Vista PC with IE9 (also completely updated)

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: All-Access update stuck at 75%

I suppose it's possible that the update servers were either out of service or very busy - did the update eventually finish?

Run the Virtual Technician to see if it finds and fixes any problems.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

mrmet
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Actually, it has been doing this for weeks... and I ran the MVT, the only issue it found was "a pending update", so it launched an update, which is currently at 75% and holding.

When I try and cancel the current update... nothing happens.  The update window just remains at 75% with the progress wheel spinning.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

That's odd.    All I can suggest is contact Technical Support by phone - it's free of charge (or use the online chat, also free).

See the link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

mrmet
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Ok, thanks Ex_Brit... will try.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

OK good luck 😉

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

Hi mrmet,

I have, and have had the same problem with the automatic update check sticking at 75%, sometimes 60% sometimes 0%. The MVT usually just proceeds to update the DAT or not but I have to restart to end or stop the stuck check that is running. Just wondered if and how you eventually resolved the problem ? I think I may have to do a reinstall to fix this permanently.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 13

This is a really old thread but I know updates can seemingly stick for whatever reason.

If it stays that way for more than a few minutes I would try to reboot and then try updating again.

Failing that run the MVT, or try uninstalling, running cleanup and reinstalling as per: How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool  and failing that go to Technical Support, free by phone or online chat and linked below: 

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 13

Hi Ex_Brit,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Thought I would try the thread, rather than post same query, as was having exactly the same problem and it seemed to be still open. I will follow your advice , I think I may need to uninstall and re-install. My McAfee suite comes courtesy of my ISP but I usually get a quicker response in these forums than if I contact my ISP.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

OK, I know what you mean regarding ISP's 😉

Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community