cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aizmal
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

Adobe Flex (Flash) on IE with McAffee slow load.

We are Software Company, and we are preparing to deploy Flex (Adobe Flash base) application.
With our user base we discovered that if McAffee is being installed on user machine there is significant slowdown on loading swf file in IE6 or IE7 (FireFox is fine). It is getting even worse when the same instance of the browser is used to launch another instance of the app (for example in the new tab of IE7)

Any advise?

I just tested it on Pentium 4, 2.8GHr, Windows XP, The most recent McAfee Security Center.
The main symptom is there is increasing lag between response from the server and Flash Player starts initialization. This is even more annoying since the server is responding with 304 header - to use the browser cache, so there is less network traffic happening, but it takes longer and longer to launch it.
18 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 19

RE: Adobe Flex (Flash) on IE with McAffee slow load.

Hi,

Adobe Flex appears to be a pretty specialized product. Are you talking about its interaction with McAfee home/consumer products as normally a home user wouldn't be using such an application?

If you are talking about Enterprise/Corporate McAfee products then your question should be posted in that section: http://community.mcafee.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122
aizmal
Former Member
Message 3 of 19

Since this Flash based application it is not targeted to any specific corporate setup. It can be run from any browser that has Flash Player9 and above install. There is not restriction whether it is home or corporate computer.
Do you think this is the wrong forum for that type of the problem?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 19

I guess it would apply to any of the versions then. I'll have to flag this as I have no idea. We aren't McAfee staff.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 19

OK I've asked for help. It would help to know what McAfee software versions the machines with the slow downs actually have installed.
x-brookz
Former Member
Message 6 of 19

Could you please supply me with a sample link so that I may try to reproduce this issue?
aizmal
Former Member
Message 7 of 19

Dell Optiplex GX520 Intel(R) Pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz, 2G of RAM,
Windows XP Pro, SP3
McAfee Security Center (downloaded 2 days ago)
McAfee Services:9.3.137.0
McAfee MISP Shell:9.3.137.0
Test URL: https://staging01.advisorsoftware.com/asiPortfolioInsightToolmock/app/initialentry?cust=McAfeeCust1|...

Thanks a lot in advance
x-brookz
Former Member
Message 8 of 19

So just hitting this link in IE 6 or 7 should cause the issue?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 19

Just for the record, no problems here in IE8.
aizmal
Former Member
Message 10 of 19

Yes, we were using IE6 and IE7.
It is a little bit easy to do with IE7, since it has tabs.
Firefox is fine.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community