cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JianLi
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Add Real-Time Scanning Options

I've noticed since the recent update to McAfee® Internet Security 15.1 R2, in Virus and Spyware Protection -> Real-Time Scanning, the 'Options' pane has disappeared. All that's there now is 'Excluded Files'. Options before allowed you to modify real-time scanning (such as scanning for viruses using threat patterns, scanning removable drives, scanning for spyware. etc) and now none of these choices are available.

I've also noticed in 'Scan Your PC', the option of a custom scan has disappeared (now only available in the context menu).

I'm very disappointed with the cancellation of this option. I've been using McAfee for many years.I hope you will consider adding this read-write scanning option in future versions. The current version of real-time protection only supports "write scanning", which is very necessary. In addition, this option is available in other versions of McAfee, which can enrich customers' choices and let them decide what form of real-time protection to use.

2 Replies
sivasubramanian
Message 2 of 3

Re: Add Real-Time Scanning Options

@JianLi 

Thanks for your feedback for our product. To assist you better, please let us know the operating system that is installed on your computer with the help of below steps

1. Press the key combination Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog.box
  2. In the Run dialog box, type msinfo32.exe and press Enter.
  3. By default the cursor will be in "System Summary"

Take a screenshot of the right hand side where the system info is listed and share us the same

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
JianLi
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Add Real-Time Scanning Options

This is a screenshot of the system information.

Thank you very much for your help. There are many posts in the forum with the same attention as me (link to the forum below). I hope the engineer will consider my suggestion carefully and give the user the previous real-time scanning mode setting.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/McAfee-not-detecting-threats-in-real-time/m-p/497434#M1577...

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/SecurityCenter/Real-Time-Scanning-Options/m-p/522915

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community