Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belbe
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Activation can't continue

Hi,

every time I turn on my laptop McAfee asks me to verify my subscription a couple times. I bought my Internet Security 2009 a couple months ago, and recently installed it on my new laptop but every time I click to verify it gives me this message:

" Activation can't continue.

We're sorry, but we're having trouble activating McAfee products. You can begin using your product now, but won't receive automatic product updates.

Don't worry, we'll ask to continue activating your McAfee products once the problem is fixed. For more help with this problem, please contact McAfee Support."

This has been happening for almost a month now. I emailed support but have yet to receive a reply. I hope someone here can help.

-Thanks
8 Replies
Anton
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

RE: Activation can't continue

I have the very same problem sad
Belbe
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Re: RE: Activation can't continue

Yeah if the problem can be fixed, I hope we get some subscription back....I'm really sad that I spent so much money on something that isn't working for me...I think I will try reinstalling it. I will tell you if it fixes it.

megsie_26
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Re: Activation can't continue

same. please help. my internet has gone really slow and wont work now

Belbe
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

I still haven't been contacted about this issue despite my emails and reinstallation did not work! Don't think I can even get a refund because it worked for the other 2 computers but not my new one. I'm not rich enough to buy new anti-viruses whenever, and I don't like knowing I spent money to end up only using up like 3 months protection. Also I feel ignored by McAfee, I don't think I will use their product ever again nor recommend it.

rahulsingh
Contributor III
Message 6 of 9

This problem usually occurs when the installation of the mcafee software is not done correctly.

I would suggest uninstalling the mcafee software and reinstalling the mcafee software.

Follow the instructions in the following Document to uninstall the mcafee software from your computer:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

Ensure you do step number 1 and 2 on this document and then on step number 3 just install mcafee from the CD.

Everything should then activate normally.

If you continue to have problems just post them here.

vega
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

no sense in going to chat, or an escalation, there appears to be no fix for this problem, and every tech at every level will have you uninstall and reinstall forever, to no avail.

the definition of insanity, performing the same process over and over expecting different results. Time for McAfee techs to be issued manuals with more than one sentence in them.

on 12/24/09 11:02:30 AM GMT-05:00
rahulsingh
Contributor III
Message 8 of 9

Unfortunately if the installer gives a corrupt installation or does not install all the files required for activation you really cant do much....

Re-Installation is the only resolution that will provide an assured result if the installation does not encounter any problems....

Coming_back_fro
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

You just need to remove every McAfee products from your laptop.

Then, you create an account on the McAfee website and register your products from there.

After that, you dowload the software directly from website.

Everything works just fine after that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community