Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_6
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

About updates...

Jump to solution

Hello,

as you can see in my signature, we have 2 computers.

Mine in Vista (32 bits) has been updated with Security Center 11.6.385 and Virus Scan 15.6.228.

My wife's computer with W7 (64 bits) is still with Security Center 11.0.678 and Virus Scan 15.0.302.

So I have been looking  for a manually update on her machine several times... Nothing.

MY last update was for Virus Scan (09/02) but Security Center has been updated in 08/13.

And nothing for the other computer!

Is this normal?( DAT updates run normally on both computers)

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user_6
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Re: About updates...

Jump to solution

Each time the same thing: when I become impatient and ask here for a long update then I have it  just after....

Update this morning and all versions numbers are the same now!

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Try to disable Firewall on wife`s PC & then check for updates again.  Malwarebytes could block access to update servers. try to uninstall it. Also it could be Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

That's normal because the new release is only delivered in small amounts slowly over a period of time.  I guess the other machine is using a different server at the McAfee end.  It will catch up eventually and at no time is your protection in doubt.

user_6
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Each time the same thing: when I become impatient and ask here for a long update then I have it  just after....

Update this morning and all versions numbers are the same now!

Regards,

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

LOL, glad it's OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community