cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheezewhiz
Former Member
Message 21 of 24

RE: Browser

It says that I need to activate mcafee to receive up to date stuff. How do I activate it if the security center box is blank?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 24

McAfee Security Center relies on Internet Explorer to function correctly (whether or not you use it). As I stated in post #10, IE must be anything BUT IE8 Beta - which causes blank window problems.
So what version do you have? Bring up Internet Explorer and go to Help/About and post what it says.
If it is IE8 final or IE7 go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the Reset button then click Apply and OK. Close and reopen IE and go to Tools/Manage Add-0ns and re-enable the add-ons.

See if Security Center is OK now.

Also check this FAQ: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100034&lang=en_US&prior_tid=10&AnswerID=16777217&tur...
DaGopha
Former Member
Message 23 of 24

Mine's alright now - must've been the dodgy DAT that we were discussing. As soon as I pulled down a good DAT, the blank SC screen rectified itself - so it must've been something to do with that...
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 24

Glad you are OK.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community