cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dethryn
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

ATT McAfe Suite FREEZES during Installation

I am a ATT Uverse customer so I get McAfee for free From my internet carrier, I go to att.com log into my account and download McAfee (it generates a serial number which is valid for 2 hours and let's me download the installation file) I am very computer literate and have been using this to install McAfee on all my home PCs (4 total) and never had an issues, however suddenly one of my new computers I just installed a fresh windows 10 x64 on and fully updated with Windows update - after Windows updates were fully completed I restarted PC and Dowbloaded and began installing McAfee, it starts installing and gets to the point where it says "installing McAfe Elite Internet Security Suite" and it hangs there forever

I noticed I'm having this issue on my other PC as well so it must be something going on but I can't figure out what

Since then I have used the McAfe uninstallation tool to make sure everything was fully and cleanly uninstalled properly

I rebooted after that and ran the McAfe "pre installation tool" that seemed to go fine and do its thing, once that was done I ran McAfe virtual Technition, I ran it from the MVT.exe I downloaded and it starts saying McAfe virtual Technition is being installed, and it just has the status bar running back and forth "Installing" for 4 hours now or more? It won't finish installing, so after 6 hours I rebooted and noticed virtual McAfee actually installed an application called "McAfe Virtual Technition" so I ran that program from my start button and as soon as it starts up it started working for about 8 seconds and then the program itself will freeze and nothing else happens (it never froze on me when I ran it directly from the downloaded .exe file but it never completed either it just kept on going and never competing whatever it's doing)

However when I ran the installed link from my start button it actually freezes, and I'm completely clueless as to what to do

I've tried everything I can and have found in forums

Please help, I'm running Wibdows 10 Pro x64

Thanks

Sam

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
12 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 13

Re: ATT McAfe Suite FREEZES during Installation

Hi @Dethryn

It looks like all McAfee related applications are also freezing. Could you check if there is any third party AntiVirus application installed? Also try running the below tools to ensure PC is clean

• GetSusp:
    McAfee GetSusp is a tool that you can use if you suspect that your computer has malware. GetSusp also helps to isolate undetected malware. Click to download GetSusp.

• McAfee Stinger:
    Stinger is a standalone utility from McAfee Labs that detects and removes specific viruses. To learn more about Stinger, see: TS100815.
Dethryn
Contributor
Message 3 of 13

No such issue and this PC is freshly installed

I don't know what is causing this, I tried to install it on my other PC and had same issue

Could it be from the installation files themselves?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 13

Hello @Dethryn

I have sent you a DM to set up a remote session and check what could be causing this issue. Please reply back to the DM and we can take it forward from there.

Regards
Mohamed Farhan

Vthryn
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I'm having the exact same problem - Is there anything you can do to help me? I don't kno what to do, I've tried every single suggestion and it just wont work

I'm stuck at "Please wait while we install McAfee Platinum Plus Edition" and hangs forever at 20% installation complete =(

Attached is a picture of the issue (i've removed the serial info just so I dont violate any policies of the website by accident.

Please help me, if you can help feel free to email me or text me Vthryn@gmail.com or 818-806-8006

McAfee Frozen.jpg

Vthryn
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Please, someone help... I have exactly this issue and dont know what to do.. I've tried everything, virtual technition, mcafee consumer removal tool, virtual scanner, rebooted, even used crap cleaner to clean registry, rebooted again, same exact thing, frozen in place =( PLS HELP

McAfee Frozen.jpg

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 13

Hi @Vthryn

It looks like you are using the old version of McAfee installer file. Please post back how you obtained this copy of McAfee installer setup

Vthryn
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

I get McAfee for free from AT&T (Uverse) I go to their website ATT.com and download directly from there (a key is generated) and I download the file right from their website (the serial key expires in 3 hours if not used) so I always have to redownload the file and I presume it ensures the most up to date installer is used. I've used this same installer (from their website) to install on my other 2 computers with no issues. It's just this specific PC, and I had this issue ocne on one of my PC's in my home and after about a month I tried it again and it worked, it was really weird, at that point I assumed it was from the file itself or a bug in that particular version at that particular time but it was specific to one PC while the same file (downloaded on all 3 PCs at same time) seperately from the website on each computer, and resulted in 2 fully functional installations, and one that had this same exact problem. It eventually resolved itself after I tried the installation about a month later.

Im installing on my laptop right now with the most up to date version right from their website and im getting this problem.. I dont know what to do, I dont think its the file because they're all up to date downloads right from their website... 😞

Please Help ;((

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 9 of 13

Thanks for clarifying. I will reach out to you shortly, please reply to the private message that I'll be sending you.

Vthryn
Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Thank you, I hope you can help - I hope anyone whos ever had this problem will be able to find this post and be provided a resolution to their issue - I have done everything humanly possibly with the limited knowledge i have and have been unable to get the installaton done - if anyone else has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know... I could use all the help I can get

Thank you

God Bless & Merry Christmas

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community