cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
highwray
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

AOL password checking and System Guards

I have at last found a sort of workaround to the AOL Password Checking versus System Guards problem and wonder whether it would be of any help to other users.

Start AOL normally and as soon as the Checking Password message comes I run the following two line batch file from my desktop and it seems to work as AOL goes straight into the normal screens. (Process_Stopper comes from Beyond Logic.)

C:\Process_stopper\process -k mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan\mcsysmon.exe

Question to McAfee ---- Is the routine causing a problem anywhere or have I found the answer??
2 Replies
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: AOL password checking and System Guards

This problem is because, too many sites have been added in to your Internet Explorer restricted sites list.

If you are using IE-7 reset your IE to factory settings.

Open IE-> Click on tools-> Internet options-> Advanced-> Reset .
highwray
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: AOL password checking and System Guards

Thanks for the solution. I and many others have been looking for this for some time now!
I use Firefox in preference to IE but I have applied the reset and it appears to work. However my stop and start of mcsysmon also seems to work just as well. I have modified it a bit as follows if anyone does not wish to reset IE.

C:\Process_stopper\process -k mcsysmon.exe
cd C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan
mcsysmon -regserver
net start mcsysmon

regards to all
MG
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community