cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

A Glitch in Traffic Monitor

I noticed a strange gltich with the Traffic Monitor.  I am running McAfee Internet Security on a Windows 7 64-bit Pro and Vista Home (latest Service Pack).  Both of these machines have the latest version of McAfee, version 12.8.xx.

For some reason with the Windows 7 machine when I use the Traffic Monitor to check on the internet activitiy of the active programs, I can't click or highlight any program in the list other than the first one in the list.

In Vista, I can click on any program on the list and the graph on the bottom with change to show that program's internet activity.  But in Windows 7 I can't do this, I can only click on the expand button next to the other programs to check what IP address is connected, what ports are being used and listening.

13 Replies
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 2 of 14

Re: A Glitch in Traffic Monitor

Does anyone have any input about this problem?

theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

So my Windows 7 machine was updated to version 12.8.750 for the Security Center and this problem still exists.

I can check each individual active programs' traffic usage on my Vista machine, but my Windows 7 machine can't even if I highlight the program using the Tab key.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 14

It doesn't work on mine either.  I guess Technical Support would be the best people as they can file a bug report.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 14

Could you post the full version of your SecurityCenter please (rather than 12.8.xx) so I can pass this on when we have out conference call on Monday afternoon?

Edit:  Oops, it's a holiday wekeend, I meant a week Monday.   Best report this to Technical Support right now I think.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/08/13 8:14:48 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 14

OK someone at McAfee has repro'd this so a bug report has been filed.

theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

Just received the latest update and this problem still isn't fixed. Only thing thats different is there is a Refresh button.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 14

I would open a case with Technical Support.  If it's a known issue then they can add you to their casework.

asdsabrawy
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

Hi Peter,  i got the same problem for traffic monitor, i m using internet security, cant click the active programs and the first active program is always selected, here are the details hope it may help

McAfee Internet security

McAfee security center

version 12.8

build 12.8.903

affld 0-3331

language en-gb

last update 12/17/2013

if you needed any extra information, please let me know

many thanks

on 12/22/13 12:19:28 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 14

Operating system and service pack number might help . As mentioned above call support we will also add this to our mod phone in Monday. Even happens on my 13.0 beta version on win 8.1 no highlight but the + sign works doesn't it as well a double click on the item opens it as well on win 7(12.8) and 8.1(13)?

So is it only the highlight not working

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 22/12/13 7:16:35 PM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 22/12/13 7:20:28 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community