cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muck
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

6811 out? Security Center says I'm up to date.

Hi all.

Checking some of the links that were posted during the 6809 issue seems to show that there's a 6811 DAT out today, well, since this afternoon.  My next auto-update was scheduled like 20 minutes ago but I'm still at 6809.  I tried a manual update and was told I was up to date.  Rebooted and tried another manual update (that was how I'd gotten to 6809) and still seem to be up to date, according to Security Center.  The Event Viewer showed me McAfee started at DAT 6802 (my boot dat version) and then I think after I tried to update, another event was posted saying the service had started at 6809.

Is there anything going on here?  Is 6811 only for enterprise customers?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
muck
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: 6811 out? Security Center says I'm up to date.

I tried the MVT and saw the same message wwwringer saw after 6809...

In the Diagnostic Log under Health Check Details:

Top Issue: iDispatch Top issue Detection

Top Issue: Core Components Failed to install

I also had a "content issue" which the MVT tried to fix but reported it could not.  Security Center is still green and I appear to still be at 6809.  Manually attempting to update results in me being told I'm current.

I am worried something's going on, especially with those errors comments from the MVT and what not.  I really don't want to reinstall and I would very much like to know what's happened to cause all this, especially if I end up having TO reinstall.  Up to last weekend, I really haven't had any real problems with this version of McAfee and had even renewed my subscription not too long ago.

Any help, thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

nish_rulez
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi

You can always check the details of the latest DAT from vil.nai.com website or click on the link below:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us

Kindly try the manual update from this and let me know the status of the update.

Regards

Nish

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I wonder what happened to 6810? I'm not doing any manual updates anymore until dats stop skipping numbering again. The only problem is that I don't keep my computer on 24 hrs a day so automatic doesn't always find me on line, which is the reason I was doing manual updates.

sivachandran0
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Dont panic maybe some internal server issues , coz i encountered the same issue from morning and it got updated now without any troubleshooting ...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community