Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trekker27
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

2013 McAfee Total Protection Compatibility Issue

Hi,

I just tried to install my 2013 McAfee Total Protection on Windows 8.1

I bought htis last year and never used it. Now, I got my new computer and tried to install it. This is what I get.

"This program has compatibility issue"

Is this because of windows 8.1? or its for 2013?

Any assistance is appreciated. I don't want to waste my $49.95.

Thanks a lot! - Ronald

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: 2013 McAfee Total Protection Compatibility Issue

It's probably because it's an early 2013 issue or even 2012 one.     The current software is totally compatible with Windows 8/8.1.

During the installation were you offered an alternative of creating an online account and downloading from there?   If you were and refused that I suggest re-running the installation and choosing that option.

It's possible also that it may be reacting to an existing antivirus product or traces thereof.   Did you have one installed?

If all else fails I would contact Technical Support, it's free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community