Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 11 of 16

Re: 2012 Total Protection Installation Problems

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

Well one should do the research as to how good they compare and always remember that McAfee includes a two-way firewall, and other features.

Hi Ex_Brit,

Thought I better look, before I post. McAfee no longer sells a Seperate Firewall, as they did in the past, but one could alway buy the cheapest Retail Version, and only install the McAfee Firewall?

If McAfee learned to write an Anti-virus program, that could run without taking over the CPU and also allows Real-Time Scanning to skip Folders, then they would be putting out a very good product. This was in early versions of McAfee Anti-Virus, but someone doesn't like Users.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

catdaddy wrote:

Hi Selvan,

Correct me if I am incorrect. ( Which I could very well be) for you know best. 

Isn,t the (2012-Total Protection Version) 11.6 ?  With the most current Version being (2014) - 12.8.934 up?

By installing the 2012 Version, would ccfisher automatically be "Upgraded" to the most current Version, after installation? Especially since the Software change in how we recieve our "Engine Versions"  now in the 12.8 Version Opposed to the "Dats" in the 2012 Version.

Just a thought..... Edit: ( Duh !!!)  After further thought, By your recommendation to Download/Install from the "Online Account" should indeed install the most recent Version !!! As long as the Account Subscription is active, of course. Please overlook my above Question...(Need some more Java)

Thank you in Advance,

Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 3/15/14 9:13:48 AM CDT

Hi CatDaddy,

1) If the user has a valid / active Subscription then he will be able to install the latest version available.

2) The CD install will lead to DAT version however there will be prompts to upgrade Software once the PC is Online post install. The Online Install will directly install the latest Engine Version though there might be lag in Minor version (12.8.xx)

on 16/3/14 2:40:06 AM IST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

thecreator wrote:

Ex_Brit wrote:

Well one should do the research as to how good they compare and always remember that McAfee includes a two-way firewall, and other features.

Hi Ex_Brit,

Thought I better look, before I post. McAfee no longer sells a Seperate Firewall, as they did in the past, but one could alway buy the cheapest Retail Version, and only install the McAfee Firewall?

If McAfee learned to write an Anti-virus program, that could run without taking over the CPU and also allows Real-Time Scanning to skip Folders, then they would be putting out a very good product. This was in early versions of McAfee Anti-Virus, but someone doesn't like Users.

Yes there used to be separate components, not any more.  I suppose one could do that but then be prepared for nag screens saying please install this and that.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/03/14 5:17:20 EDT PM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

As always, thanks for your prompt reply, and clarification.

As always,

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
ccfischer
Former Member
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

Thank you everyone for your input! I went to my internet options and unchecked some security boxes there (I do not know which ones, but I noticed there was another post suggesting this). Though I will admit that I tried downloading both from the cd and online after doing this, and it did not initially work. I got frustrated and shut down the computer (I've been dealing with this for 4 days), and when I restarted I went back to the website to try to download and it worked.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community