Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_170380
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

2009 will not install

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and have a problem. The problem is that the Mcafee compete protection will not install the program downloads ok from my account on my lads computer, starts to install the security center starts to install gets about a quarter through and the stops. On the install progress just says failed on all accounts and tells me to run the virtual technician, which I do and it tells me there's no problem so I download again and it still fails.

Has anybody got any ideas?
Labels (1)
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: 2009 will not install

Hi,

There may be various reasons for the installation to fail. So please clarify/try the below:

• Please let us know your computer’s configuration (E.g.: CPU, Memory & Operating System). To check that please make a single right click on My Computer>Click on Properties> Click on General Tab
• Are you trying to install the McAfee for the 1st time? If so did you use any other security programs to the computer?
• Checked for the installed programs in the computer – If you find any other security programs like Symantec, AVG, Trend Micro, Spy Blaster etc – Uninstall them from Control Panel> Add/Rem
• Run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe
• Also run the McAfee removal tool from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe to remove all the traces from the computer, reboot the computer and then try the installation
user_170380
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks,
Not sure what I did but it installed fine and working well, many thanks.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

You’re welcome, please do get back to us if you have any more concerns with McAfee
Good luck
🙂
Regards
Bala
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community