Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinz
Former Member
Message 11 of 25

Re: won't install

Jump to solution

Hi ,

We would like to know if your problem is resolved, kindly let us know so that we could help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh K

DThompson55
Former Member
Message 12 of 25

Jump to solution

I have to say, McAfee really did a great job in supporting me on this.  And Dinz was a superb technician in every way.  Polite, very thorough, and best of all, he solved the problem. Good Job Dinz !!!!

I am runnign Windows Vista. The issue had to do with account privleges.

When I tried to run DMSetup, it downloaded correctly, and it launched, but after about 10 seconds it kind of locked up and produced a rapid clicking sound from the speakers.

Dinz took over control of the PC remotely, created a new user account, and was able to install the product successfully.  In creating the new user account, he was able to get past whatever security or account privlege issues there were on the primary user account.  It's all working now.

Message was edited by: DThompson55 on 1/6/10 8:58:19 AM CST

Message was edited by: DThompson55 on 1/6/10 8:59:42 AM CST
jgrinwis
Former Member
Message 13 of 25

Jump to solution

what kind of priviliges does this user need to have to install the product.

I've removed all the software via the tool so if you can tell me what kind of priviliges this user need I will give it another try.

Regards,

John Grinwis

thriftybob
Former Member
Message 14 of 25

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem under XP.

PLEASE POST THE SOLUTION!!!!

Telling us its solved without posting the solution will only frustrate and upset people (like me).

What is the point of searching and marking it resolved if the solution is not posted?

Thanks...

ex Sys Admin

Dinz
Former Member
Message 15 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi thriftybob,

This issue was marked solved by one of the user in this thread,

Could you please provide some information like;

What is the operating system you use ?

Do you have any other security software installed ?

How old is the computer ?

Did you try running the removal tool (mcpr) ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

thriftybob
Former Member
Message 16 of 25

Jump to solution

Running XP, 6 yr old pc, only other security s/w was mcafee which failed miserably because we switched isp's.  both isp's provide free full version of mcafee, yet it stopped working and made a mess, allowing the machine to be virused

viruses removed with trend micro housecall and panda activescan when mcafee failed and wouldnt install

I fixed it mcafee install by

1. Uninstall the previous version of McAfee’s use the MCPR tool:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
2. Run the McPreInstall tool:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe
3. redownload setup pgm and key

4. run setup pgm

No user account changes needed

This site could have helped with resolving the problem had the solution been posted,

Message was edited by: thriftybob on 2/1/10 3:12:58 PM CST
jgrinwis
Former Member
Message 17 of 25

Jump to solution

we fixed it by disabling UAC in vista, run the MCPR tool and DMSetup running now.

GoneGalt
Former Member
Message 18 of 25

Jump to solution

I've tried all the things listed here and I still get the white screen with the McAfee banner along the top.  My trial sub that I got when I bought the Acer laptop ran out around March.  I've been ignoring the renew thing but finally did through the email that was sent this month offering a year for only 20.  I done that and went to the account.  I still lack a reciept email sent, but the kicker is the program still shows that it needs to be updated.  I try to download the program and see if a reinstall will cure it.  the program downloads exactly like those described, and when I try to install it does exactly as above and as I described here.  I ran the uninstall (which was great now I can't use the limited features I had before as it's gone now) and the preinstall thing and tried the program install again only to get the same results.  I know this is a bit of anecro thread but it's the only thing I found while searching for over an hour.  Some help would be great, or I'll just call my credit card co and dispute the charge.  Paying for something and then having to jump through a dozen hoops to install is beyond asinine.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 19 of 25

Jump to solution

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused in installing the programs. If I understand correct , while downloading the programs you get a blank white dialog box , Is that correct. If its so .

Please provide me with a screen shot of the same.

Also;

What is the browser we use to download the programs and its version?
Do we have all of the windows updates installed in the computer ?
What is the operating system we use ?

Please reply back with above information so that we could help you get this fixed.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

GoneGalt
Former Member
Message 20 of 25

Jump to solution

Sigh, stated it's the same problem as listed above but ok yeah we'll play that game.

Browser: Firefox

Yes they are both fully updated.  They are running fine and I'm able to download and install OTHER programs so pretty sure it's not my end.  I'm not the one with a shoddy product.

The problem is when I have downloaded the DMSetup.exe file when I try to run it.  When I click run it starts up, gives me some BS about checking the blah blah and then goes to a white box with the McAfee banner at the top.  I've let it sit there for over an hour and that is all it does.  Once again, the same problem that is listed above.

Now here is what I have done, once again.  I've ran the fully remove old version and the preinstall exe's listed above.  Which a big thank you for that, now I don't even  have the disabled version that I did have that was at least doing site adivsories and such.  When I log into the account for the program it keeps showing that OLD one as expired and that I need to renew.  This is so funny as I renewed it through an email that has been sent about every two weeks since it expired in March urging me to renew for a discount.  I let that go and just figured I would download and install it again.  Also I've still yet to recieve the reciept for the purchase, which was made around this time yesterday.

I've attached a screenshot of the problem, but seeing as how I stated it's the same as listed above seems a waste but hey, I'll play along.  I can always dispute the charge up till the bill shows up.  And I have done it before over shoddy products. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community