cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alper
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

windows crashed due to latest UPDATE

About 15 minute ago I opened my new laptop (toshiba qosmio) and Mcafee antivir plus warned me that there is a new update. But several days ago, as you all know I lost my internet connection because of the perfect update of Mcafee anyway I spent lots of time to fix it. So that I change the update settings to prevent automatic download. however I trusted Mcafee again and I installed the latest update. BUT AFTER THAT UPDATE WINDOWS CRASHED then a screen came and it says that you need to re-configurate the windows or you can start the windows normaly. then I selected the first one but nothing happend (black screen and mouse icon) after that I restart the computer and now I selected the second one but it waits a little bit and turn back to warning screen again. Mcafee suprise me again. So please tell me What am I supposed to do right know?

Of course I will remove Mcafee and never use it again but how can I save my computer.

Note: I spent lost of money for that computer but due to the mcafee's fault I can not use it aprox. during a week

Also all of the programs which I installed to my computer are all registered (I mean all of them  have licenses)

And ı am using Windows 7  64bit

Sor for the english mistakes

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: windows crashed due to latest UPDATE

Reboot and select the normal boot option.    This is Windows 7 SP1 I trust?   I've seen that happen with all sorts of software and it's usually a sign that something isn't stable, but the system usually recovers from it.

Try rebooting and selecting the normal boot option, usually the last one.

Then check that all your drivers and software are up to date as well as Windows.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/09/12 6:53:44 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: windows crashed due to latest UPDATE

Moved this to SecurityCenter for wider attention.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community